Claims format blamed for Medi-Cal payment problems
Some of the molasses-slow payment problems blamed on a local Medi-Cal plan are caused by billing middlemen still adapting to new claims requirements, said the plan's claims officials. The staff at Gold Coast Health Plan and the company it contracts to process claims, ACS, are reaching out to billing companies to try to resolve lingering complaints about payments that appear to be months behind. Ken Dixon, account executive for ACS, said some of the problems have been triggered by the federal government's mandate that electronic claims be submitted on a new format called 5010.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream