Department of Justice OKs West Penn takeover
The proposed takeover by Highmark of West Penn Allegheny Health System got the U.S. Department of Justice's approval Tuesday, clearing one of the major obstacles to the proposed insurer/provider merger. The Justice Department's Antitrust Division gave its thumbs up a week before a hearing at which the state Department of Insurance will hear testimony on the merger. The insurance department's review is considered the highest hurdle to Highmark's takeover of West Penn, which will include a $475 million infusion.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers