Judge orders PA's Saint Catherine Medical Center to be liquidated
Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs is headed to liquidation and closure, as a federal judge on Wednesday approved converting the hospital's bankruptcy petition to that status. After a 25-minute hearing in the Max Rosenn United States Courthouse, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge John J. Thomas ordered that the case filed by the debtor, Saint Catherine Hospital of Pennsylvania LLC, be changed to Chapter 7, which allows for liquidation of a business' assets, from Chapter 11, which permits reorganization of a business.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care