Doctor-free health tests power storefront labs in OR
A storefront lab with local branches in Vancouver, Gresham, and downtown, Any Lab Test Now is a hypochondriac's dream, collecting blood, urine and hair samples for more than 8,000 tests. Fitness buffs, the privacy conscious and the uninsured are all staples of the rapidly growing Georgia-based franchise chain with about 145 outlets across the country. The company promotes its quick turnaround and simple, transparent charges; in fact, it doesn't take insurance. Its growth taps into the "on demand" mentality of a younger, more informed generation of patients, and the health concerns of older patients as well.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law