Former Parkway Hospital CEO sentenced to 4 months for bribing politician
The CEO of the former Parkway Hospital in Queens was sentenced Tuesday to four months in prison for bribing crooked ex-state Sen. Carl Kruger. "I'm sorry for this mistake," Dr. Robert Aquino, 55, said in Manhattan Federal Court. "This was poor judgment on my part." Aquino paid Kruger a $60,000 bribe in 2008 in a futile effort to keep Parkway open. Kruger was sentenced to seven years in prison last week for soliciting Aquino and others for bribes. Aquino's plea deal called for up to three years in jail.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'