Former Parkway Hospital CEO sentenced to 4 months for bribing politician
The CEO of the former Parkway Hospital in Queens was sentenced Tuesday to four months in prison for bribing crooked ex-state Sen. Carl Kruger. "I'm sorry for this mistake," Dr. Robert Aquino, 55, said in Manhattan Federal Court. "This was poor judgment on my part." Aquino paid Kruger a $60,000 bribe in 2008 in a futile effort to keep Parkway open. Kruger was sentenced to seven years in prison last week for soliciting Aquino and others for bribes. Aquino's plea deal called for up to three years in jail.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013