Opinion: Hospital association "declares war" on patient empowerment
A firestorm has been triggered by the American Hospital Association's (AHA) 68 page letter (PDF) commenting on the Stage 2 Meaningful Use proposed requirements. [Part of the federal stimulus included incentive payments to healthcare providers to encourage Electronic Health Records adoption. In order to receive incentive payments, healthcare providers need to demonstrate they are meeting "Meaningful Use" requirements.] The reaction has been swift from various individuals and organizations leading the patient rights and empowerment movement.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised