Berwick on MA healthcare reform: More pain, more gain
Dr. Donald Berwick, the widely admired former chief of Medicare and one of the nation's leading health policy mavens, has just weighed in on the competing proposals for cost-cutting reform in Massachusetts. He argues in favor of aiming for more ambitious cost-cutting targets: The House's tougher goal rather than the Senate's less ambitious one, or even the still-tougher target put forth by business and religious groups.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically