Dialysis chain DaVita acquires HealthCare Partners
Reflecting the growing consolidation wave sparked by healthcare reform, kidney dialysis giant DaVita Inc. has agreed to acquire Torrance-based HealthCare Partners, the largest operator of medical groups in the U.S., for $4.42 billion in cash and stock. The deal represents the latest sign of insurers, hospitals and other large healthcare companies buying up physician practices in order to better position themselves for changes in how the federal government is reimbursing for medical care.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers