X-rays and iPads: The network healthcare evolution
Thanks to the big stick provided by the Affordable Care Act in the US, some healthcare organizations are pushing more aggressive use of network bandwidth and cloud technology. But ask any random sampling of physicians, technologists, and health industry observers. They'll tell you technology isn't restraining the next big paradigm shift in healthcare. The bandwidth is willing. "It's less about the technology holding the industry back, and more about the reimbursement model for healthcare," says Kenneth Kleinberg, senior director of research and insights at The Advisory Board Company, a global healthcare research, technology, and consulting firm.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness