Q&A: Wheeling Hospital CEO Ronald Violi on expansion
What's the overall importance of Tower 5 to health care in the Ohio Valley? Violi: I think Tower 5 ... exemplifies what healthcare should be in the Ohio Valley. ... Tower 5 is actually just the beginning, it's not the end. It is my hope and the hope of others that when we're done, the rest of the hospital will look very much like Tower 5, it will have the same look and feel to it, it will have that same high-tech equipment, the vast majority of the rooms will be private. ... If you've been to Tower 5, you've been into the ICU, you've been to the emergency room, looked at the equipment and looked at the way things are set up there, that's the future.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor