All 4 trauma surgeons leave one ME hospital to work for another
Central Maine Medical Center's loss is MaineGeneral Medical Center's gain. CMMC's four trauma surgeons are going to work for MaineGeneral in Augusta, doubling that hospital's staff of surgeons, according to MaineGeneral CEO Chuck Hays. The four doctors had made up CMMC's entire team of trauma surgeons. Three left earlier this year; the fourth is scheduled to leave this month. They weren't fired. It is unclear exactly why the doctors decided to leave Lewiston. Chuck Gill, spokesman for Central Maine Healthcare, CMMC's parent organization, has said the hospital and surgeons had "a professional disagreement."
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse