Debate over whether EHRs will cut costs from ?unneeded tests?
A new study published in Health Affairs concluded that computerized patient records are unlikely to minimize healthcare expenses and may actually encourage doctors to order additional tests, but that may not be the end of the story.?
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Hospital Pricing Data Dump Won't Hurt You, Yet
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork