Patient-reported outcomes affecting reimbursement more?
A recent global analysis of product evaluations for health technology assessments (HTA)?which are often influential in decision-making for approving and/or providing reimbursement for pharmaceuticals and other medical technology?found that the use of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) increased between 2005 and 2011. PROs are sometimes used by managed care providers for reimbursement decisions, so the increased use is seen as a positive move by healthcare providers.?
- As Medicare Advantage Cuts Loom, Disagreement Over Program's Stability
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Centralizing the Revenue Cycle Protects the Bottom Line
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Doctors Feel Pressure to Accept Risk-based Reimbursement
- Employers Weigh Risks, Benefits of Private Exchanges