Patient-reported outcomes affecting reimbursement more?
A recent global analysis of product evaluations for health technology assessments (HTA)?which are often influential in decision-making for approving and/or providing reimbursement for pharmaceuticals and other medical technology?found that the use of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) increased between 2005 and 2011. PROs are sometimes used by managed care providers for reimbursement decisions, so the increased use is seen as a positive move by healthcare providers.?
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- 50 Years of Fighting Pressure Ulcers Called Into Question
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots