Patient-reported outcomes affecting reimbursement more?
A recent global analysis of product evaluations for health technology assessments (HTA)?which are often influential in decision-making for approving and/or providing reimbursement for pharmaceuticals and other medical technology?found that the use of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) increased between 2005 and 2011. PROs are sometimes used by managed care providers for reimbursement decisions, so the increased use is seen as a positive move by healthcare providers.?
- $6.4B Henry Ford, Beaumont Merger Failed on Cultural Hurdles
- How Chargemaster Data May Affect Hospital Revenue
- Primary Care Docs Average More Hospital Revenue Than Specialists
- House Lawmakers Grill CMS Over Health Exchange Navigators
- Fortunately, Angelina Jolie Isn't On Medicare
- ED Physicians Key to Half of Hospital Admissions
- Don't Let Nurses Sink Your Bottom Line
- Insurer's App Aims to Lower Healthcare Costs, Securely
- 69% of Employers Plan to Offer Healthcare Coverage After 2014
- Building a Better Healthcare Board