Patient-reported outcomes affecting reimbursement more?
A recent global analysis of product evaluations for health technology assessments (HTA)?which are often influential in decision-making for approving and/or providing reimbursement for pharmaceuticals and other medical technology?found that the use of patient-reported outcomes (PRO) increased between 2005 and 2011. PROs are sometimes used by managed care providers for reimbursement decisions, so the increased use is seen as a positive move by healthcare providers.?
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Care Coordination Tough to Define, Measure
- SCOTUS Review of NC Board Case 'A Very Big Deal' to Providers