Parkland Hospital getting ready-made bathrooms
A row of shiny bathrooms sits waiting for the first patients who will occupy the surgical intensive care unit. The bathrooms also represent a construction breakthrough for Parkland Memorial Hospital, considering they are fully assembled in a warehouse and trucked two blocks to the hospital construction site. They arrive with all fixtures in place and the water, electrical, heat and air conditioning lines that just need to be hooked up. Assembling the bathrooms away from the messy construction site, where much of the new building is still exposed to the weather, assures a higher quality finish and a safer environment for workers, he said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness