Health Governance Report, August 2012
This issue of HGR focuses on how hosptials can control costs, discusses which process improvements are vital to cost containment, explains the pros and cons of gainsharing and shared savings strategies to reduce costs, highlights one hospital's efforts to increase revenue by charge less for services rather than using aggressive collection tactics, and talks about why healthcare spending is expected to be at historically low levels in 2013.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts