Layoffs hit Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno
Layoff notices were being handed out to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center employees as the sale completion of the Reno nonprofit hospital nears June 30, a union head said Wednesday. California Nurses Association director Jill Furillo, whose union represents the nurses at Saint Mary’s, said Wednesday that some people have received notices that they will not be offered a job. One person was given a 14-day notice of layoff but then was escorted off the property, she said.
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful