Layoffs hit Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno
Layoff notices were being handed out to Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center employees as the sale completion of the Reno nonprofit hospital nears June 30, a union head said Wednesday. California Nurses Association director Jill Furillo, whose union represents the nurses at Saint Mary’s, said Wednesday that some people have received notices that they will not be offered a job. One person was given a 14-day notice of layoff but then was escorted off the property, she said.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts