AZ hospital abruptly closes
Not quite open two years, Florence Community Healthcare suddenly transferred its patients to other facilities and closed its doors Monday afternoon. Entry signs to the emergency room were covered up.Initiatives spent millions to renovate the former Central Arizona Medical Center, closed since 1999, to bring the building up to date for the new Florence Community Healthcare. Meanwhile there’s still one other hospital in town, Florence Hospital at Anthem, which opened in March.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- 2015 HIX Premium Hikes May Top 7%