US attorney, FBI join probe into hospital hepatitis C outbreak as lawsuits emerge
The U. S. attorney's office has joined the investigation into the hepatitis C outbreak at New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital's cardiac catheterization lab.State public health officials have said they suspect a lab employee's misuse of drugs led to the outbreak. A hospital worker and 19 of the lab's patients have tested positive for the liver-destroying disease since the investigation began last month.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer