St. Mary's Hospital one step closer in sale to Ascension (NJ)
St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic has been sold to a for-profit Catholic health care company that plans to create a network of hospitals across the state, officials announced Friday. The purchase price for St. Mary's, which has been struggling financially for years, was not disclosed. The deal will need approval from the state health commissioner. The sale is the first acquisition by the for-profit Ascension Health Care Network and a private equity firm in their effort to purchase three Catholic health care systems with seven hospitals statewide.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers