St. Mary's Hospital one step closer in sale to Ascension (NJ)
St. Mary's Hospital in Passaic has been sold to a for-profit Catholic health care company that plans to create a network of hospitals across the state, officials announced Friday. The purchase price for St. Mary's, which has been struggling financially for years, was not disclosed. The deal will need approval from the state health commissioner. The sale is the first acquisition by the for-profit Ascension Health Care Network and a private equity firm in their effort to purchase three Catholic health care systems with seven hospitals statewide.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'