Dignity Health buying U.S. HealthWorks
San Francisco-based Dignity Health, formerly Catholic Healthcare West, said Monday it will acquire U.S. HealthWorks, which bills itself as the largest independent operator of occupational medicine and urgent care centers in the United States. U.S. HealthWorks's top executive is Daniel Crowley, who was chairman of Rancho Cordova-based Foundation Health Corp. before it merged with Health Systems International in 1997. Crowley remains based in Sacramento. During Crowley's tenure, Foundation was Sacramento's largest company, employing nearly 3,000 in the area.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues