CalPERS $7B potential health insurance bunker buster
In the first part of the Health Insurance's $4.4 Billion Bunker Buster two-part series, I highlighted how the Medical Loss Ratio and Direct Primary Care facets of Obamacare would have far-reaching impacts beyond what most commentators have observed. Now comes the news that CalPERS considers scrapping health plans to lower its medical tab from the latimes.com. As the third largest purchaser of health insurance in the country, they are a bellwether. Even with their buying power, CalPERS is seeing their rates increase nearly three times the rate of medical inflation and are looking for new ideas.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013