Dignity Health working to link independent physicians to health information exchange
Dignity Health is partnering with the Arizona State Physicians Association (ASPA) to provide independent physicians access to a health information exchange through an accountable care organization. The information exchange, called Phoenix Connected Community, will connect users with the MobileMD protected information transfer mechanism used by Dignity Health and other physicians. The goal is to reduce costs, improve patient care and meet Affordable Care Act requirements. Dignity Health is applying to create an affordable care organization jointly with Vanguard Health Systems.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer