Hoag, St. Joseph form hospital partnership in CA
Two nonprofit hospital companies with a major presence in Orange County announced plans for a partnership as the federal healthcare law spurs more consolidation nationwide. St. Joseph Health System and Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian said Wednesday they have agreed on an affiliation among seven of their hospitals in Southern California. They emphasized it was not a merger, but a new holding company will be formed to better integrate medical care and to eliminate duplicative services. The affiliation is subject to approval by the California attorney general's office.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor