New Book: The Healthcare Executive's Guide to Urgent Care Centers and Freestanding EDs
Authors: Michael F. Boyle, MD, FACEP and Daniel G. Kirkpatrick, MHA, FACHE
About: A growing demand for convenient urgent care and after-hours medical services has led to a rapid increase of walk-in clinics around the country. The Healthcare Executive's Guide to Urgent Care Centers and Freestanding EDs offers a step-by-step executive-level guide to planning, staffing, marketing, and managing profitable urgent care centers.
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says