New Book: The Healthcare Executive's Guide to Urgent Care Centers and Freestanding EDs
Authors: Michael F. Boyle, MD, FACEP and Daniel G. Kirkpatrick, MHA, FACHE
About: A growing demand for convenient urgent care and after-hours medical services has led to a rapid increase of walk-in clinics around the country. The Healthcare Executive's Guide to Urgent Care Centers and Freestanding EDs offers a step-by-step executive-level guide to planning, staffing, marketing, and managing profitable urgent care centers.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts