NY's model for Medicaid managed care
New York's get-tough approach with WellCare is part of a package of measures—some sticks, some carrots—that are helping the state get improved results from its private Medicaid plans. In 2009, the latest year for which figures are available, New York’s Medicaid plans scored higher than those of California, Florida, and Illinois on a range of healthcare indicators, including access to primary and ambulatory care, breast cancer screening, and cholesterol control among diabetics.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream