Dynacq Healthcare puts CFO on leave pending investigation
Pasadena-based Dynacq Healthcare Inc. has placed CFO Philip Chan on administrative leave, pending an investigation. Chan was placed on leave on Aug. 8, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing reviewed by Houston Business Journal. Chan was put on leave as the company conducts an investigation concerning business practices,"potentially encompassing members of the board, management and third persons, and related accounting matters," the filing stated. Dynacq has one surgical campus located in Pasadena. The health care holding company, which specializes in surgical services, shuttered its Dallas-area hospital in September 2011 after some physicians departed.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- Ebola: Second TX Nurse Diagnosed After Improper Protective Gear Application