Dynacq Healthcare puts CFO on leave pending investigation
Pasadena-based Dynacq Healthcare Inc. has placed CFO Philip Chan on administrative leave, pending an investigation. Chan was placed on leave on Aug. 8, according to a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing reviewed by Houston Business Journal. Chan was put on leave as the company conducts an investigation concerning business practices,"potentially encompassing members of the board, management and third persons, and related accounting matters," the filing stated. Dynacq has one surgical campus located in Pasadena. The health care holding company, which specializes in surgical services, shuttered its Dallas-area hospital in September 2011 after some physicians departed.
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- Top Provider Billing Mistakes Are Changing
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful
- These Algorithms Reduce Readmissions
- Payer Calls for More Primary Care Docs, Team Care
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor