Shared Decision Making: How Do We Get There?
If you ask most physicians, they'll tell you that they work with their patients to make informed decisions.
But study after study shows that patients aren't getting the information they need to feel comfortable with their decision, adhere to the recommended treatment, and achieve better long-term health outcomes.
What can hospitals do to encourage shared decision making among clinicians and patients?
In this new white paper by Krames StayWell, the second in our Shared Decision Making series, we explore this question and provide some practical strategies, tips, and recommended tools for making shared decision making a reality in your organization.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US