Anthem Blue Cross settles with CA over data breach
Anthem Blue Cross has reached a settlement with California Attorney General Kamala Harris over allegations the company failed to protect the personal information of its members. Between April 2011 and March 2012, Anthem printed the Social Security numbers as part of a priority code on marketing mailers and payment letters mailed to more than 33,750 Medicare members in violation of state law the restricts disclosure of the numbers. The priority code—and Social Security number—was viewable through the envelope window.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers