Parkland hospital adds Rick Perry aide as a new VP
Parkland Memorial Hospital has hired a high-level aide to Gov. Rick Perry as its government relations vice president, three months before the 2013 legislative session begins. Katherine L. Yoder, 36, a Perry health-care policy and budget adviser, replaces the Dallas hospital's longtime top lobbyist, Jennifer Cutrer. Parkland said in a written statement late last week that Cutrer had retired, but it did not elaborate. Yoder's hire comes as Texas, led by its Health and Human Services Commission, overhauls its Medicaid program. The overhaul has caused uneasiness among some hospitals because it will impact how they are paid for treating indigent patients.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013