Judge freezes civil lawsuits against Exeter Hospital until 2013
Superior Court Judge Kenneth McHugh has granted a motion filed by the hospital's attorney to temporarily halt the discovery process for the civil cases, which will temporarily prohibit Exeter Hospital Chief Executive Officer Kevin Callahan and other doctors and staff from answering questions or giving any sworn statements about a hepatitis C outbreak. A Merrimack Superior Court judge will hear arguments from the hospital and the state over access to medical records on Oct. 17. The state is seeking broad access to the hospital's medical records for its ongoing investigation, while the hospital seeks guidance on what they can release.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus