Decision Time for Community Hospitals
Where will community hospitals fit in the future healthcare landscape? Mergers and acquisitions of hospitals continue at record levels, yet many community and rural hospitals wish to remain independent. To position themselves financially and operationally for the future, these hospitals must understand the competitive dynamics of their situation.
They must control costs while still offering quality services, attract and retain physicians, find their niche among competitors near and far—and consider the right partner to work with short of a merger. HealthLeaders Media convened a panel of community hospital CEOs to discuss how they can navigate increasingly difficult straits and maintain the values of their organizations and communities. [Sponsored by CHC]
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- Few Winners Among MSSP Participants
- Technology Lights Up Health Innovation Forum
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?
- Hospitals and doctors fail patients by passing the buck on insurance rules
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue