Ex-hospital employee pleads guilty to stealing patient data
Former Florida Hospital employee, Dale Munroe II, plead guilty Monday to stealing patient information that was used to solicit customers. From 2009 until July 2011, Munroe illegally accessed data from thousands of patients at various Florida Hospital locations. Munroe worked as a registration representative in the emergency department at Florida Hospital's Celebration location, where he registered patients as they came into the ER.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening