Sherman Health Systems plans to be bought by Advocate
Sherman Health Systems in Elgin, IL has signed a letter of intent to be acquired by Advocate Health Care for an undisclosed amount. While the letter is non-binding, it reflects the two organizations' "commitment to the partnership." Sherman had considered expressions of interest from more than a dozen suitors. Advocate Health System says it is the largest health system in Illinois with 10 acute care hospitals and more than affiliated 6,000 physicians.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'