Clinical System Adoption in the Community Hospital: Five Strategies for Success
There are powerful forces working against clinical systems adoption in the community hospital. Physician recruitment needs can result in a reluctance to push physicians "too hard" regarding EHR adoption; the drive to achieve meaningful use and the associated incentives can result in overly aggressive implementation schedules. In our experience with hundreds of successful implementations in community hospitals, we've identified five vital strategies that are common to those organizations who've succeeded in combating these forces and achieving high levels of adoption.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer