Clinical System Adoption in the Community Hospital: Five Strategies for Success
There are powerful forces working against clinical systems adoption in the community hospital. Physician recruitment needs can result in a reluctance to push physicians "too hard" regarding EHR adoption; the drive to achieve meaningful use and the associated incentives can result in overly aggressive implementation schedules. In our experience with hundreds of successful implementations in community hospitals, we've identified five vital strategies that are common to those organizations who've succeeded in combating these forces and achieving high levels of adoption.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- The Secret to Physician Engagement? It's Not Better Pay
- AHIP: Enormity of HIX Challenges Sinks In
- Two-Midnight Rule Must be Fixed or Replaced, Say Providers
- 4 Reasons PCMH Principles Aren't Going Away
- Don't Underestimate Emotional Intelligence
- How Succession Planning Boosts Employee Retention Rates
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Another SGR Patch Likely, Lawmaker Says
- Yale New Haven Health Partners with Tenet Healthcare in CT