Clinical System Adoption in the Community Hospital: Five Strategies for Success
There are powerful forces working against clinical systems adoption in the community hospital. Physician recruitment needs can result in a reluctance to push physicians "too hard" regarding EHR adoption; the drive to achieve meaningful use and the associated incentives can result in overly aggressive implementation schedules. In our experience with hundreds of successful implementations in community hospitals, we've identified five vital strategies that are common to those organizations who've succeeded in combating these forces and achieving high levels of adoption.
Healthcare Management Systems, Inc.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Medical Errors Third Leading Cause of Death, Senators Told
- 4 Tectonic Shifts Shaking Up Healthcare
- As States Regulate Provider Competition, Common Threads Emerge
- CVS Ramps Up Retail Clinics with Provider Affiliations
- Chronic Disease Care Costs Get Bipartisan Attention
- CareFirst Announces PCMH Program Results
- Mayo Tops U.S. News Best Hospitals Rankings
- Hospitals Seeking to Understand PPACA Impact Turn to Data
- Telemedicine Providers Welcome AMA Guidelines
- The case for concierge medicine