Somerset Medical: Layoffs will not affect patient care
The Somerset Medical Center has eliminated 23 positions at the county's only hospital. Victoria Allen, vice president for marketing, said the positions eliminated involved a variety of departments throughout the hospital. It will help the center remain efficient while maintaining high standards of care. Somerset Medical Center could lose as much as $1 million in revenues next year after Medicare starts to reduce reimbursement payments.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion