Cyber crooks target healthcare for financial data
A study suggests that the vast majority of hackers targeting healthcare IT systems are searching for financial information, not snooping for personal health data or targeting individuals. "The vast majority of attackers seek information from which they can directly or indirectly profit," reads the 2012 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care