FL doctors group signs incentive-laden care agreement with Aetna
A group of 12 physicians at Boca Raton Regional Hospital (BRRH) signed a collaborative care agreement with Aetna’s Medicare Advantage that would reward them with financial incentives to improve patient care. Similar collaborative agreements are being established around the country to link medical provider performance to pay. This is one of 62 such deals Aetna has made nationwide. Aetna and the doctors at nonprofit BRRH will share data with the goal of improving patient outcomes and efficiency of treatment. They will use the ActiveHealth CareEngine System to monitor patient information.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs