Antitrust complaint filed against St. Luke's Health
Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and Treasure Valley Hospital say in a federal antitrust complaint, that St. Luke's Health System is monopolizing health care in Idaho by buying up competitors. St. Luke's Health System has acquired 22 physician practices, five hospitals and four outpatient surgery centers in the past 4 years, and is "poised" to buy Idaho's largest and oldest physician practice, Saltzer Medical Group. If this acquisition goes through, competition for health care in ID and eastern OR will be "irreparably harmed," according to the complaint.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- 'Overtreatment' Debate Circles Back to Lung Cancer Screening