Obama victory re-energizes HIEs
In the wake of President Obama's reelection and a favorable Supreme Court ruling, a growing sense of certainty about healthcare reform is helping to drive the health information exchange market, according to a new report from Frost & Sullivan. In addition, the report notes, the stage 2 Meaningful Use requirements and market changes are increasing demand for HIEs. Entitled "U.S. Health Information Exchange Market: A Comprehensive Guide to Market Dynamics, Technology Vendors and Future Trends," the research and consulting firm's report predicts that healthcare providers "will significantly ratchet up their participation in HIE over the next 18 to 24 months."
- 3 More Pioneer ACOs Say They Will Quit
- Governors Push to Expand Role of PAs, Telemedicine
- Telemetry Overuse Cost Health System $4.8 Million in One Year
- Why Open Payments Irks Physicians
- IV Fluids Shortage Continues
- Ebola in the U.S.: Reason to Fear, to Hope, to Prepare
- Difficult Patients: It's Not Them, It's You, Doctor
- Overcoming a Payer Mix 'Nightmare'
- Proton Beam Therapy Center Closure Illuminates Costs
- Employee Engagement: Make It Meaningful