Infirmary Health sells emergency med practice to outsourcer
In a dual bid to improve patient care and customer service, the physician group currently serving Infirmary Health System's emergency departments has sold its practice to a Tennessee-based outsourcing firm. Per the arrangement that took effect Dec. 15, Mobile Emergency Group PC is now staffed and administered by Team Health Holdings based in Knoxville, Tenn. The physician group serves the emergency departments of both Mobile Infirmary Medical Center in Mobile and North Baldwin Infirmary in Bay Minette.
- How Top-Ranked MA Plans Earn Their Stars
- Readmissions: No Quick Fix to Costly Hospital Challenge
- How Hospitals Can Become 'Upstreamists'
- 4 Ways to Lower the Cost to Collect from Self-Pay Patients
- House Calls Key to Pioneer ACO Success
- How Telehealth Pays Off for Providers, Patients
- 4 Tips for Managing Employed Physicians
- WellPoint Dominates Nearly Half of Markets, AMA Says
- Defensive Medicine Still Prevalent Despite Tort Reform
- CMS Offers Some ACOs $114M for 'Upfront' Costs