Health Net terminates 6 Tenet Hospital contracts
Health Net Inc. announced that its subsidiaries have terminated agreements with all six of Tenet Healthcare Corp.'s Southern California hospitals after the two companies failed to renegotiate reimbursement rates. The Woodland Hills insurer said it thinks Tenet's reimbursement should be in line with the medical consumer price index, which currently averages more than 3 percent and that reimbursement for government programs like Medi-Cal need to be consistent with that inflation rate.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care