OIG urges more training on Medicare policies for ALJ and QIC staff
The HHS OIG had plenty of recommendations for improvement regarding how appeals are handled by Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) staff and qualified independent contractors (QIC). Below are some of the OIG's recommendations for the Office of Medicare Hearings and Appeals (OMHA) and CMS:
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- MU Final Rule Disappoints Some CIOs
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- 'Terrible' Patient Becomes Dedicated Nurse
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus