Aetna, Texas Health Resources establish ACO
Arlington-based Texas Health Resources has established its second accountable care organization with a commercial insurer in as many weeks. Tuesday, THR said it had reached agreement with Aetna to create an ACO in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to raise the quality of care and lower the cost. Tuesday's announcement did not mention a number, but a spokesman said the ACO would initially involve about 21,000 members and could double in size in a year. It will launch sometime this year.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data