Should this doc have slammed her patient on Facebook?
An OB-GYN is in the middle of a social media maelstrom after complaining about a patient on her Facebook page. Dr. Amy Dunbar, 33, of St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Mo., posted on the social networking site in late January about a patient who continually showed up late to her scheduled appointments. When asked in the comments why she didn't cancel the procedure or transfer the woman to another doctor, Dunbar stated that the patient had previously endured a stillbirth. The post was publicly visible and not restricted to Dunbar's 470 friends.
- MU Compliance Announcement Sparks Concern, Confusion
- New G-Codes to Pay Doctors for Broad Array of Non-Face-to-Face Care
- Telehealth Improves Patient Care in ICUs
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- Scary Financial Challenges for 2014
- States Rejecting Medicaid Expansion Forgo Billions in Federal Funds
- LifePoint Bolsters Presence in Michigan's Upper Peninsula
- Douglas Hawthorne—A Chance to Do Something Big
- Hospital M&A Volume Up, Value Down in 3Q
- Small Doesn't Mean Doomed