North Kansas City denies any plan to sell hospital to HCA
North Kansas City officials strongly denied Tuesday that there was any plan to sell North Kansas City Hospital to HCA Inc.The city hit back against statements in an affidavit filed Monday by former hospital board Chairman Terry Myers that he was approached by Clay County Commissioner Gene Owen to help a team that was working on a sale to HCA. "The city of North Kansas City has no plan in place -- and never did have a plan in place -- to sell the North Kansas City Hospital to any specific entity," the city said in a statement. "While the North Kansas City Hospital board of trustees and their lawyers would have you think otherwise, there is absolutely no truth whatsoever to these allegations."
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'