Judge gives LI College Hospital another reprieve
A state judge has overturned the decision to close Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. Justice Johnny Baynes says the Board of Trustees of SUNY -- which acquired the hospital in 2011 as part of the Downstate system -- violated open meeting laws. In his 10-page ruling, Baynes wrote that a crucial committee meeting had taken place behind closed doors to shield the purpose of the meetings from the general public.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers