Minnesota AG to investigate Sanford's proposed takeover of Fairview
Fairview Health Services, the Twin Cities' second-largest hospital and clinic group, is weighing a merger with South Dakota-based Sanford Health in negotiations that have triggered concerns on the part of Minnesota Attorney General Lori Swanson. A merger could transfer control of the University of Minnesota Medical Center, a major research and teaching hospital, to a company with no history in Twin Cities health care, Swanson said. In addition, she said, Fairview is a Minnesota charitable trust with obligations to taxpayers and private donors who helped the business grow over the course of a century.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US