Staffing in Rural and Critical Access Hospitals
Marvin Drake, VP & COO, HeW interviews Travis Singleton, Senior VP, Merritt Hawkins
It's no secret to anyone that staffing is an increasingly significant challenge for rural and critical access hospitals. Through HeW's AsK program, we received several questions specific to staffing in rural and critical access hospitals. To address these questions, HeW enlisted the expertise of Merritt Hawkins, the most successful in the physician recruiting industry, placing thousands of physicians and advanced practice allied healthcare professionals nationwide.
In this interview, Mr. Singleton addresses staffing related questions specific to retention, funding, the impact of electronic health records and the need to implement sound operational processes.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US