Staffing in Rural and Critical Access Hospitals
Marvin Drake, VP & COO, HeW interviews Travis Singleton, Senior VP, Merritt Hawkins
It's no secret to anyone that staffing is an increasingly significant challenge for rural and critical access hospitals. Through HeW's AsK program, we received several questions specific to staffing in rural and critical access hospitals. To address these questions, HeW enlisted the expertise of Merritt Hawkins, the most successful in the physician recruiting industry, placing thousands of physicians and advanced practice allied healthcare professionals nationwide.
In this interview, Mr. Singleton addresses staffing related questions specific to retention, funding, the impact of electronic health records and the need to implement sound operational processes.
(PDF format - click here to download the latest version of acrobat reader)
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts