CaroMont renames hospital, adopts 'Cheat Death' slogan
CaroMont Health wants to help you "Cheat Death." That's the new tag line announced Thursday morning for the Gastonia-based health-care system. CaroMont revealed that it has changed the name of its flagship facility, Gaston Memorial Hospital, to CaroMont Regional Medical Center. "Gaston Memorial no longer reflects who we are," said Randy Kelley, president and chief executive at CaroMont. He cited market research that found a negative perception of the Gaston Memorial name, which has been used since 1946. Also, many residents failed to make a connection between CaroMont and Gaston Memorial, he said.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'