CaroMont renames hospital, adopts 'Cheat Death' slogan
CaroMont Health wants to help you "Cheat Death." That's the new tag line announced Thursday morning for the Gastonia-based health-care system. CaroMont revealed that it has changed the name of its flagship facility, Gaston Memorial Hospital, to CaroMont Regional Medical Center. "Gaston Memorial no longer reflects who we are," said Randy Kelley, president and chief executive at CaroMont. He cited market research that found a negative perception of the Gaston Memorial name, which has been used since 1946. Also, many residents failed to make a connection between CaroMont and Gaston Memorial, he said.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer