A twist on retail health
Capital Blue is an innovative effort by Capital Blue Cross to reach one community with basic health and wellness services. It may sound a bit off the charts, but as Donna Lencki, Capital BC Chief Marketing Officer explained at Monday's session on consumer engagement at the World Health Care Congress in Washington, DC, "we look at the retail location as an opportunity to engage our members, our consumers, or our community in a different fashion." As with any upscale store, Lencki said the emphasis is on customer service. The 6,700 square-foot space and prime location provide an opportunity to potentially reach some 650,000 residents within a 30 minute drive.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care